Friday 9 March 2012

#BlameTheNovices


            This title doesn’t really pertain to what I was planning on talking about today, but one of the novices came up with it after our little trailer ‘incident’ and I thought that it was worth mentioning. While an amusing thought to entertain, it lends itself to shed more light on the highly cordial relations between the novice and varsity teams here. But that’s ok, we’re all one team right? Now before I go off on some philosophical tangent, trying to make a point about togetherness and teamwork, I’ll try and think of something else which may be entertaining to talk about. Not to say that I don’t think that we should all strive to have better relations between the various different teams within out team, but I digress.
            “What dress are you wearing” is getting to be a more and more common sentiment around the team this week. It always seems to be followed up by a conversation which can only be described in one way: an insightfully interesting and engaging 20 to 30 minutes of your life, and no, you can not have that time back, it is gone, forever. Fortunately, I always am able to have a simple answer to this question, “I am going to wear my suit,” if people are really lucky, I might get myself a new tie! But don’t hold your breath.
            Tomorrow morning, many of us will find ourselves breathing in the nice clean air of the city of Hamilton, competing in the 2x4 erg challenge at MacMaster University. This has been discussed previously, so I don’t think I’m going to keep beating this dead horse. Some performances to look forward to from the ATC are: Jill the smoker, the seriousness of Alyssa will be present, our resident Dutchman will be there to increase the multiculturalism of the team, Kristen will be there – don’t worry she’s better at erging than soccer, I believe Jody and Claudia are going to be there too (and myself). 

No comments:

Post a Comment